Cervical Range of Motion, Infants, Prevalence
2. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australia's mother and babies 2015 - in brief. Canberra: 2017.
3. Akangire G, Carter B. Birth Injuries in Neonates. Pediatr Rev 2016;37:451–62.
4. Win NN, Jorgensen AMS, Chen YS, Haneline MT. Effects of Upper and Lower Cervical Spinal Manipulative Therapy on Blood Pressure and Heart Rate Variability in Volunteers and Patients With Neck Pain: A Randomized Controlled, Cross-Over, Preliminary Study. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2015;14:1–9.
5. Shafiq H, McGregor C, Murphy B. The Impact of Cervical Manipulation on Heart Rate Variability. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc; 2014. pages 3406–9.
6. Zhang J, Dean D, Nosco D, Strathopulos D, Floros M. Effect of Chiropractic Care on Heart Rate Variability and Pain in a Multisite Clinical Study. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2006;29:267–74.
7. Cavanaugh JM, Lu Y, Chen C, Kallakuri S. Pain generation in lumbar and cervical facet joints. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2006;88 Suppl 2:63–7.
8. Lelic D, Niazi IK, Holt K, Jochumsen M, Dremstrup K, Yielder P, et al. Manipulation of Dysfunctional Spinal Joints Affects Sensorimotor Integration in the Prefrontal Cortex: A Brain Source Localization Study. Neural Plasticity 2016;2016:1–9.
9. Maxwell LG, Malavolta CP, Fraga MV. Assessment of pain in the neonate. Clinics in Perinatology 2013;40:457–69.
10. Lee SJ, Ralston HJP, Drey EA, Partridge JC, Rosen MA. Fetal pain: a systematic multidisciplinary review of the evidence. JAMA 2005;294:947–54.
11. Mehta SK, Super DM, Connuck D, Salvator A, Singer L, Fradley LG, et al. Heart rate variability in healthy newborn infants. The American Journal of Cardiology 2002;89:50–3.
12. Öhman AM, Beckung ERE. Reference Values for Range of Motion and Muscle Function of the Neck in Infants. Pediatric Physical Therapy 2008;20:53–8.
13. Murgia M, Venditto T, Paoloni M, Hodo B, Alcuri R, Bernetti A, et al. Assessing the Cervical Range of Motion in Infants With Positional Plagiocephaly. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery 2016;27:1060–4.
14. van Vlimmeren LA, van der Graaf Y, Boere-Boonekamp MM, L'Hoir MP, Helders PJM, Engelbert RHH. Risk Factors for Deformational Plagiocephaly at Birth and at 7 Weeks of Age: A Prospective Cohort Study. PEDIATRICS 2007;119:e408–18.
15. Knutson GA, Owens EF. Active and passive characteristics of muscle tone and their relationship to models of subluxation/joint dysfunction: Part I. J Can Chiropr Assoc 2003;47:168–79.
16. Ashton-Miller JA, DeLancey JOL. On the Biomechanics of Vaginal Birth and Common Sequelae. Annu. Rev. Biomed. Eng. 2009;11:163–76.
17. Vacca A. Vacuum-assisted delivery: An analysis of traction force and maternal and neonatal outcomes. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2006;46:124–7.
18. Pearse WH. Electronic recording of forceps delivery. The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1963;86:43–51.
19. Pettersson K, Ajne J, Yousaf K, Sturm D, Westgren M, Ajne G. Traction force during vacuum extraction: a prospective observational study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2015;122:1809–16.
20. Wylie B. Forceps traction, an index of birth difficulty. YMOB 1963;86:38–42.
21. Lustrin ES, Karakas SP, Ortiz AO, Cinnamon J, Castillo M, Vaheesan K, et al. Pediatric Cervical Spine: Normal Anatomy, Variants, and Trauma. RadioGraphics 2003;23:539–60.
22. Muraca GM, Sabr Y, Lisonkova S, Skoll A, Brant R, Cundiff GW, et al. Perinatal and maternal morbidity and mortality after attempted operative vaginal delivery at midpelvic station. CMAJ 2017;189:E764–72.
23. Goetzinger KR, Macones GA. Operative Vaginal Delivery: Current Trends in Obstetrics. Womens Health (Lond Engl) 2008;4:281–90.
24. Patel RR, Murphy DJ. Forceps delivery in modern obstetric practice. BMJ 2004;328:1302–5.
25. Cheng JC, Au AW. Infantile torticollis: a review of 624 cases. J Pediatr Orthop 1994;14:802–8.
26. Sergueef N, Nelson KE, Glonek T. Palpatory diagnosis of plagiocephaly. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice 2006;12:101–10.
27. Hutchison BL, Stewart AW, Mitchell EA. Characteristics, head shape measurements and developmental delay in 287 consecutive infants attending a plagiocephaly clinic. Acta Paediatr. 2009;98:1494–9.
28. Martiniuk ALC, Vujovich-Dunn C, Park M, Yu W, Lucas BR. Plagiocephaly and Developmental Delay: A Systematic Review. J Dev Behav Pediatr 2017;38:67–78.
29. Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and The North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Heart rate variability. Standards of measurement, physiological interpretation, and clinical use. Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology. Eur. Heart J.1996;17:354–81.
30. Hornby PJ, Abrahams TP. Central control of lower esophageal sphincter relaxation. Am. J. Med. 2000;108 Suppl 4a:90S–98S.
31. Tighe M, Afzal NA, Bevan A, Hayen A, Munro A, Beattie RM. Pharmacological treatment of children with gastro-oesophageal reflux. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2014;49:CD008550.
32. van der Pol RJ, Smits MJ, van Wijk MP, Omari TI, Tabbers MM, Benninga MA. Efficacy of Proton-Pump Inhibitors in Children With Gastroesophageal Reflux
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication and allow others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.